2. How we use and protect your personal data
2.1 What personal information do we collect about you?
We will hold the following data including:
- Contact details for CÉIM student leaders (for communication and Garda vetting purposes):
- Name, Middle Name, Surname;
- Date of Birth;
- Home Address;
- Mobile Number;
- NUI Galway email address
- Private email address
- NUI Galway student ID number
- Contact details (Name, Surname, NUI Galway student ID number, NUI Galway email address) and details of CÉIM attendance for 1st year students
- Information which you have given your consent for us to use
2.2 When do we collect your information?
We collect information you give to us, or consent to have shared with us, or is shared with us by the university to facilitate the running of the programme.
2.3 How we use your information and the legal basis?
We only use your information:
- To contact you regarding CÉIM activities;
- For administrative purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about activities that you have opted-in for;
- For academic research purposes to measure the effectiveness of methodologies used;
- To respond to your questions and concerns;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute);
2.4 Who we share your information with?
We only share your information with service providers employed by us to facilitate our communications and research. We will only share your data with others in exceptional circumstances, i.e. with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts or tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations,
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases),
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders, and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
2.5 International Transfers
It may be sometimes necessary to temporarily move or re-host our website which may include your personal data to a service location that resides outside of the European Economic Area.
These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. Should this happen, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
2.6 How long do we hold your information?
If you are a 1st year student, we hold your data for three years, unless you ask us to delete it before then.
If you are a CÉIM leader, we hold your data for five years in order to provide job references as requested, unless you ask us to delete it before then.
2.7 Implications of not providing information
If you do not provide information we may not be able to facilitate your involvement in CÉIM.
5. How To Contact Us
You can contact us via email at email@example.com